Saturday, January 17, 2009

SHIFT, CAPSLOCK, and CONTROL keys stop working in Ubuntu

About once a week, my , , and keys stop working. This is an Ubuntu issue, not a hardware issue. This issue has been recurring through several point releases of Ubuntu.

I was rebooting every time this issue occurred; that was a serious annoyance. Now, however, I have a much better fix.
The command `setxkbmap` resets the keyboard map and resolves the issue without a reboot.

I hope that this bug is eventually found and fixed, but now it’s reduced from a major annoyance to a very minor issue.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can anyone recommend the top Network Monitoring system for a small IT service company like mine? Does anyone use Kaseya.com or GFI.com? How do they compare to these guys I found recently: N-able N-central remote support manager
? What is your best take in cost vs performance among those three? I need a good advice please... Thanks in advance!